We are each encoded with an individual blueprint which guides us towards our Dharma, or unique purpose, in order to create a life of deep meaning and fulfillment. The root meaning of 'Dhra' in Sanskrit is 'that which upholds or nourishes'. Our Dharma is found within our intrinsic constitution and is meant to be accessed, explored and shared with the world for the collective benefit.
The more that we align ourselves with our unique Souls purpose, the more we find ourselves living from a place of love, truth and power.
When we honor our Dharma our lives begin to flow with ease...we feel fulfilled, supported and guided by the Universe in a state of 'effortless effort' -- we cultivate potent relationships, are supported in our projects and find ourselves in beneficial situations which help us move forwards on our path through equal parts action and surrender.
It is through the embodiment of our Dharma that we live in Divine rhythm with ourselves and those around us...
The rhythm of the larger pulse, or Universal Dharma, is the flow of intelligence found in Nature through Seasonal cycles, the evolution of cultures, and pulsation of consciousness. It is the invisible connection and supreme vibration to life and all beings.
The two Dharmas are consistently interwoven like a colorful tapestry. The strength of each thread plays a powerful role in the beauty and longevity of the tapestry. Our individual Dharma (thread) strengthens the entire tapestry through honoring our unique gifts which brings clarity to our values and aims in this lifetime, and ultimate abundance through actions led with integrity and love. The thread of our individual Dharma asks us to step into our highest Self for healing, harmony and the benefit of all beings within the collective tapestry of the Universal Dharma.
The practices of yoga draw us directly into the heart and with steady commitment, move us onto the trajectory of Dharma.
Do you feel loved, nourished and supported? Do you feel like you live in a state of rhythm or harmony? Or do you feel stagnant, stuck and unfulfilled? These simple questions invite us to reflect upon our life to see clearly when we are walking our path with truth, power and potency.
Below are simple practices to allow your Dharma to reveal itself...
1. Explore Sacred texts -- Jhana Yoga or the 'Yoga of knowledge' offers the teachings of Dharma through intellectual study. The Bhagavad Gita is one of the most renowned and Sacred texts from the Mahabharata scriptures, and tells the epic tale of Arjuna, a warrior who steps into his Dharma through the guidance of his higher Self.
2. Holistic practices that are nourishing, purifying and strengthening for the body and mind. Disciplines such as Yoga, Tai Chi or Chi Gong aim to bring you into your highest Self.
3. Surround yourself with people who inspire you or you aspire to be (those who are living their Dharma!) -- seek a mentor and build a close relationship in order to learn how they live their lives with skill, intention and integrity.
4. Joy, nourishment and Self-love! Step into actions, relationships and experiences that ignite and nourish you -- create a list of 20 things that bring you happiness and return to the list as inspiration whenever you need a boost.
5. Listen to your hearts desire. Integrate practices that dive deep into what your heart is calling for. Sankalpa, contemplation, reflection and journaling all explore your deep yearning desires and help uncover what is truly at the root of the desires.
6. Meditation creates space in our mind and moves us into a space of calm, presence and love. This state of mind is vital for our intuition to flow and move us deeper into Dharma.
7. Cultivate a Kula or Soultribe which create a platform for deep connection and intimacy. It is through our unconditionally loving relationships that become a mirror and help us see our gifts, roles and purpose.
LAUREN LEE is passionate about holistic health, exploring the world and empowering others to live vibrant and happy lives. Founder of Raise Your Beat, dedicated yogini and sun seeker, she lives for creating connection and enjoying simple pleasures. Read more about her here