Meet Jivamukti teacher and adventurer, Keith Kempis!
RYB: What is Jivamukti yoga to you?
KK: Jivamukti is yoga in its purest form: enlightenment through action
RYB: Which 3 words would you use to describe your classes?
KK: Music, Humor, Story-telling
RYB: Top 3 favorite songs to energize a class on your yoga playlist?
- your love is lifting me higher - Jackie Wilson
- blister in the sun - Violent Femmes
- love is the answer- Garnett Silk
RYB: What’s the funniest yoga moment you have had?
KK: At my Jivamukti Teacher Training way back in 2007, I fell asleep on someone WHILEST I was adjusting them in Paschimottanasana (forward fold) – I was so sleep deprived!
RYB: What is one of your top yoga experiences?
KK: It would have to be my first jivamukti class ever: in a girlie bar (during the day) in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It was like a light bulb going off when Casey Gramaglia (teacher) started talking about animals and yoga practice in the one breath.
RYB: What are you top 3 yoga recommendations?
- Yoga in Thailand during the vegetarian festival with me (hehe) through Lila Yoga
- A Jivamukti immersion anywhere in the world, 3-5 days of total immersion in the way of the spiritual warrior!
- Annual Jivamukti tribe gathering in NYC, amazing teachers, beautiful satsang
RYB: Share one of your favorite recipes:
KK: Scrambled Tofu, my go to vegan comfort food!